Thursday, August 4, 2016

I'm pro-life because I'm liberal

I don't often call myself a liberal these days; it seems I get more conservative as time goes on.  But my conservatism is born out of my earlier days as a liberal.

It is out of PTSD from being bullied as a child, that I recognize the bullying inherent in the pro-choice choice of who will live and who will die.

It is out of respect for nature and sustainability that I'm a conservation style environmentalist- and a sane one who recognizes the human need for agriculture and the role agriculture plays in preserving species.

I am not comfortable with libertines or libertarians.  But my conservatism comes from an understanding of systems, and how systems work.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Oustside The Asylum by Ted Seeber is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at http://outsidetheaustisticasylum.blogspot.com.