Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Give a hoot, Buy Local, and Don't Pollute

Since I was trying to slow down my reading (that, and due to a stubborn bug at work, I don't exactly have the spare brain cycles for the rest of Chapter 2 of Papal Economics right now) I've slowed down on posting to this blog. But a comment in another forum linked to these posts, did give me a good idea. Remember "Give a Hoot, Don't Pollute"?

Woodsy the Owl, back between 1965-1985, taught us an early form of subsidiarity, the fact that local action could make a difference in pollution.

But a libertarian posting to my slashdot journal on how to be Marxist of the Reinhard Variety pointed out to me what we really need is a market that gives a hoot- ordinary consumers, voting with their dollars, buying as locally as possible to keep markets small and local. I think that's exactly what the Popes have been urging us to do all along. Give a Hoot, Buy Local, Don't Pollute, and we can keep America Looking Good.

There's only one problem with it, we may be too late already.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Oustside The Asylum by Ted Seeber is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at http://outsidetheaustisticasylum.blogspot.com.