Fact mirrors fiction in the Senate Vote on HR1540/S1867- much like in the vote in Star Wars Episode III to change Chancellor Palpatine to Emperor Palapatine and grant him emergency war powers, this seemingly innocent budget allotment for the military allows the military to name anybody as a terrorist, conduct operations within the United States, hold people in military installations and judge them by military tribunals without the right of jury, in direct violation of the Bill of Rights.
I never thought I'd say this, but I'm glad Obama is President and is likely to veto this.
Just to channel Jeff Foxworthy to finish this off, You Might Be A Terrorist If:
- You own an unregistered firearm
- You participated in an Occupy Protest
- You participated in a Tea Party Protest
- You have ever criticized an American Corporation, the US Chamber of Commerce, or the World Trade Organization
- You are pro-life and believe that human life is sacred between conception and natural death
- You have farmed, raised, or consumed marijuana
- You believe there is only one reality and only one morality that fits that reality
- You are homosexual
- You bash homosexuals
- You have any mental illness as described in the DSM-V, including Oppositional Defiant Disorder when you were between the ages of 2-4 or 12-18.
- You adhere to the belief structure of any given religion to the exclusion of other religions
- You are against War or the Death Penalty (giving aid and comfort to terrorists)
- You are not John McCain
Good luck everybody, if Obama fails to veto this, and for this post, I have no doubt that by 2018, after they get done arresting everybody else in the country, I'll be joining you all in the internment camps for writing a blog posting opposing the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012. Happy new military dictatorship, everybody.
And if you think the above paragraph is cynical and satire- then read this Before It Is News Report on KBR putting out request for proposals for building MORE FEMA camps.