Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Novena of Divine Mercy Day 6

Novena: Sixth Day

 

Meditation:

Today bring to Me THE MEEK AND HUMBLE SOULS AND THE SOULS OF LITTLE CHILDREN, and immerse them in My mercy. These souls most closely resemble My Heart. They strengthened Me during My bitter agony. I saw them as earthly Angels, who will keep vigil at My altars. I pour out upon them whole torrents of grace. Only the humble soul is capable of receiving My grace. I favor humble souls with My confidence (Diary, 1220).
 

My Prayer Response with St. Faustina:

Most Merciful Jesus, You Yourself have said, “Learn from Me for I am meek and humble of heart.” Receive into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart all meek and humble souls and the souls of little children. These souls send all heaven into ecstasy and they are the heavenly Father’s favorites. They are a sweet-smelling bouquet before the throne of God; God Himself takes delight in their fragrance. These souls have a permanent abode in Your Most Compassionate Heart, O Jesus, and they unceasingly sing out a hymn of love and mercy (Diary, 1221).
*Diary passages with bolded words are Jesus speaking
---------------------
My commentary- all of my life I've equated meekness with weakness.  Childishness with being selfish.  But my wife's daycare has taught me that children aren't naturally selfish, they are in fact naturally generous.  They are taught to be selfish by our consumer culture quite early- advertising on children's television is quite strong, and their attention spans are not long enough yet to resist.  

I find most adults who praise humility, are not very humble themselves.  They look down on those of us who, to them, are not humble- and in so doing, they give in to their own sin of pride in their own humility.  Better that they would be more generous with the poor souls stuck attached to the honors of this world- honors that are sure to be stripped away in the next world.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Oustside The Asylum by Ted Seeber is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at http://outsidetheaustisticasylum.blogspot.com.