Wednesday, December 9, 2015

I guess I haven't said it plain enough yet

Some time ago I read Rerum Novarum, and it changed the way I thought about both capitalism and communism. At the time, I had become a convinced crony capitalist. Though a communist in college, I had found success through hard work, and was living a life that by any standard I can think of put me in the top 1% of human beings worldwide, even if I was someplace in the middle in America.

When I was finally challenged to read a book called Papal Economics, I realized that crony capitalism and communism are two sides of the same coin. Both are so incredibly centralized that they prevent access to basic needs for some people in this world.

So in the end result- capitalism and communism are a false choice of false religions. Follow Christ instead.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Oustside The Asylum by Ted Seeber is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at http://outsidetheaustisticasylum.blogspot.com.