Thursday, June 13, 2013

“To Forgive My Father” Children of Divorce and the Parable of the Prodigal Son

“To Forgive My Father” Children of Divorce and the Parable of the Prodigal Son: "Or, better yet, perhaps we parents can work on our marriages a little harder and stop putting our kids in the role of being our emotional/spiritual caretakers."

I don't remember the conversation entirely, but I was recently challenged on this subject.  And I had to come to the conclusion that divorce ALWAYS harms the child, ALWAYS harms the abandoned spouse.

This might explain why, a bit.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Oustside The Asylum by Ted Seeber is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at http://outsidetheaustisticasylum.blogspot.com.